Use ij.start canon to set up your Canon product. Get support for your Canon inkjet printer and scanner here. You can learn how to work with Canon PIXMA, imagePROGRAF, MAXIFY, CanoScan and more.
The Canon ij printer is a complete multi-job solution that you can easily learn how to set up at ij.start.cannon and get more options. This is the official online support site, where you can find online manuals for Canon products, feature information, and more. In addition, ij.start.canon setup provides download and installation instructions for installing Canon ij, necessary for the complete Canon installation process. So check out more steps below.
However, we are here to discuss ij.start.cannon and Canon printer drivers and help. While Canon printers excel at delivering fast printing and scanning, it’s important to remember that this is just a machine. Like any other device, ij start canon printers can experience problems from time to time. Thus, you should seek help from Canon printer support specialists at this time. Keep reading to find out the most reliable way to get immediate assistance with your Canon printers. Hence, check out its few amazing features below:
IJ.Start.Canon Printer Setup on Windows (Wireless)
Here is how to connect your IJ Start Canon Printer on Windows PC wirelessly:
- At the very beginning, you need to download and install the actual printer driver by visiting ij.start.canon.
- In the next step, you need to turn on your Canon printer and make sure it is properly connected to the mains using the power switch.
- After that, go to the Downloads folder and double-tap the downloaded driver installation file to open it in Windows.
- Now press the “Next” button until the “Wireless Setup” option appears.
- Select the “Wireless Setup” option, go to the Canon printer screen and click the “Wi-Fi Setup” button.
- Then select device settings and click OK.
- Then select “Device Settings” > “LAN Settings” in the given sequence and click the “OK” tab.
- Then select LAN Settings > Wireless Network Setup and click OK. Your printer will then search for an access point.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router is turned on. If it is enabled, the printer’s flash lamp will blink.
- Now a list of networks will appear on the screen, from which you need to select your Wi-Fi network from the given list, and then click “OK”.
- You will then be prompted to enter a WPA/WEP security key (Wi-Fi password). Enter the correct password in the appropriate field and click OK.
- After a couple of minutes, your printer will directly connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Congratulations! The Canon IJ printer has been set up on your Windows system using wireless communication. Your printer is now ready to serve quality printouts.
Canon IJ Wired (USB) Setup on Windows Via Ij.Start.Canon
To connect a Canon IJ printer using a wired USB connection on a Windows system, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Canon printer and Windows PC.
- Download the Canon printer driver from ij.start.canon setup or ij.start.cannon and follow the installation process.
- Connect one USB end to the printer and the other end to a Windows PC.
- Open Control Panel > Device Settings again > Click Add Printer.
- Your printer is now ready to go.
Canon Printer Setup For Mac (Wireless) : Canon.com/ijsetup
You can start installing IJ start Canon for Mac operating system by following the instructions below.
- Open a browser, type ij.start.canon setup and press Enter.
- Select your Canon ij printer model and select your OS (MAC)
- Click to download the file to your system and open the file after downloading it.
- Connect your Canon IJ printer to your Wi-Fi network by following the steps in the first section of this article. .
- Then open the Apple menu and click System Preferences.
- After that, click “printers and scanners”.
- Then click on the “+” sign to add a printer. A pop-up window will appear showing the name of your printer on the screen.
- Select your printer and click the “Add” button to add the printer manually.
- In a few seconds, your printer will be wirelessly added to your Mac and ready to use.
Download the Canon Printer Drivers
You will not find any CD in the latest Canon model, however, if you have an older version, you can install the CD, otherwise, find out the complete download steps via ij.start canon for Canon printer drivers from the process below;
- Set up your Canon printer and open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit ij.start.cannon and provide your Canon model number when asked.
- You can also select one of the below options and click “click this link” on the screen.
- Start downloading Canon drivers and software from the same page http://ij.start.canon.
- Now double click on the software and install it for your Canon product.
Setting Up Canon IJ Printer With USB –
If you cannot find your Canon printer by going to the official websites or other resources, you can use USB to set up your Canon ij printer. Or you can also visit ij.start.canon setup for help;
- Make sure you have a USB cable.
- In a web browser, go to the canonical site ij.start and select the USB network connection setup.
- Proceed to the next step and wait while the Canon software connects your printer to your PC using the USB cable.
- Click “Next” and get the driver for your printer and check if you want to connect the printer to a specific network.
- Then press YES and click the “Finish” button and go to the “Add Printer” option.
- Click “Add” and get the driver from http://ij.start.canon.
- Now go to “Device Settings”, then “LAN Settings” and select the connection.
- Install Canon drivers, inkjet cartridges and check connections for your device.
- Set up your Canon printer and try printing.
How Do I Print?
- Make sure you have installed the correct version of the printer driver software on your system using “ij.start.cannon” or another driver source on the CD.
- Carefully pull the input tray out of the Canon printer to load enough sheets of paper.
- Go to your active computer and open the document you want to print.
- Alternatively, right-click on a file or document to select a print option, or press CTRL+P to print it effortlessly.
- If necessary, you can change the print settings by changing the properties, quality, print size, paper size, etc.
- Finally, click the “Print” tab and relax until the original paper makes you want to print a file or document.
How Do I Scan With Printer?
- Initially, you must download the Canon IJ Scan Utility from Canon’s official website – ij start canon”.
- After downloading the software, simply double-click the utility to install it on your system.
- After the scan utility is finished, run it.
- Load paper sheets safely into the scanner tray.
- Work with the “Settings” > “Scan Document” option.
- Select a document and change the related options according to your preferences.
- Now you can see how easy it is to scan your active Canon printer.
Canon Printer Wireless Setup on Windows
- Turn on your Canon ij printer.
- Make sure your printer is connected to the power switch. Then press the ON button to turn on the Canon inkjet printer.
- Select the WiFi setting and connection method.
- Most users use the WPS method if the direct WiFi button is available. Otherwise, press OK in the Setup > Wi-Fi Setup menu.
- Click on the WPS option.
- Use the right arrow and select the WPS (PIN code) option. You can also use the WPS (button) method if your router has a direct WPS button.
- Enter the PIN and connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Your Canon printer displays a PIN code that you need to enter on the router. You should read the router’s manual to learn how to enter this PIN. Next, you will see “Connection Status” on the printer display; tap OK.
- Open the ij.start.canon URL in a browser.
- Launch your web browser and visit ij.start.canon setup to find the correct drivers and software for your Canon printer model.
- Download Canon printer drivers for Windows.
- Ij.start.canon shows four options, select “Customize”, then enter your Canon printer model name to go to the download page. Now select “Windows OS” in the top right corner and click on the “Download” tab to download the generic drivers for your model.
- Start the installation by selecting Run.
- When ij.start.canon finishes loading the Ij printer drivers, click the Run button to begin the process. Otherwise, double-click the .exe file, and then select the Start Setup tab.
- Click yes to accept the license terms.
- The License Agreement is the next window in the installation settings. You should read it and then click “Yes” to accept the Canon printer’s terms.
- Select your preferred option if the Advanced Examination Program appears.
- An expanded survey program window (may or may not) will appear that keeps you informed by submitting information, so you can join this survey program by checking the “Disable blocking” box and clicking “Agree”.
- Check your connection method to continue.
- Since we are using a wireless installation, the connection method screen appears during this process. Therefore, you must ensure that your connection and model details. Then click yes to confirm and wait for the printer drivers to install.
- If necessary, install additional printer or scanner drivers.
- The software you downloaded from ij.start.canon setup comes with several printer and scanner drivers that you can install now. The list will appear on your screen; so select the required drivers and follow the installation instructions. After the final installation page is displayed, click “Exit” to complete.
- Close the screen once the Canon printer drivers are installed.
- ij.start.canon will be completed in a few seconds to a few minutes. Click “Exit” to close the installation window.
How to Connect Canon IJ Printer to WiFi?
Wi-Fi or wireless connection is the best way to connect your computer and Canon printer. However, your printer must be a wireless model for this process. So let’s see how you can connect Wi-Fi to ij start canon.
- Make sure you include your Canon printer model.
- Install printer drivers from ij.start.canon.
- Turn on your Canon model by pressing the ON button.
- Click or tap the wireless network icon or the Wi-Fi button.
- The WiFi light should be blinking, at this time, make sure your wireless router is working.
- Then press the WPS button on your wireless router for a few seconds.
- Your printer can show you the connection status. If not, check if the WiFi and ON indicators are on; if it is stable, the connection was established successfully.